Makes 8 sweet rolls
One can (8 biscuits) Immaculate Buttermilk Biscuits**
Cinnamon sugar (1/4 cup granulated sugar + 1 tbsp ground cinnamon; save any leftover in a air-tight container)
Fresh mixed berries (you can use all raspberries)
Powder sugar (a.k.a. confectioner sugar or icing sugar)
** To make from scratch: Make a batch of scones dough, omits the cranberries, lemon zest & egg wash in the recipe, and divides the dough into 8 portions. Once this is completed, you can follow all the steps laid down below. Btw, the Brits call them scones while the Americans call them biscuits, they are referring to the same thing.
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2) Prepare two muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Roll out a biscuit dough until about 1/4 inch thick.
4) Sprinkle rolled out biscuit dough with 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar.
5) Place 4-5 fresh berries in the middle of the rolled out biscuit dough, then smash the berries gently.
6) Roll up the biscuit and slice it into three pieces.
7) Place the 3 pieces (cut sides up) in one cavity of the muffin pan.
8) Repeat for all 8 sweet rolls.
9) Bake 14 - 17 minutes until sweet rolls are light golden brown.
10) Allow to cool slightly and remove to a cooling rack or serving platter.
11) Sift powder sugar over all the sweet rolls and serve.
Adapted from Shaken Together.